- Center for Applied Linguistics. (1997). ESL standards for pre-K - 12 students. TESOL. Available: https://www.cal.org/cal/html/eslindex.htm
Clark, J. L. D. (Ed.). (1978). Direct testing of speaking proficiency: Theory and application. Princeton, NJ: Educational Testing Service.
Department of Education and Employment. (1996). The national curriculum for modern foreign languages. Available: https://www.dfee.gov.uk/mflindex.html
- Ministry of Education. (1988). English curriculum for state schools and state religious schools, grades 5-12 (new edition). Jerusalem, Israel: Ministry of Education.
- Ministry of Education. (1995). Policy for language education in Israel (in Hebrew). Jerusalem, Israel: Ministry of Education.
- Ministry of Education. (1996). Policy for language education in Israel (in Hebrew). Jerusalem, Israel: Ministry of Education.
- National Standards in Foreign Language Education Project. (1996). Standards for foreign language learning: Preparing for the 21st century. Lawrence, Kansas: Allen.
- Public Schools of North Carolina. (1997). Foreign language proficiency guidelines. Available https://www.dipi.state.nc.us/Curriculum/Second-languages/writing.html
- van Ek, J. A. (1975). The threshold level. Council of Europe: Strasbourg.
- van Els, T. J. M. (1992). The Dutch national action programme on foreign languages (English translation). Holland: Ministry of Education and Science.
- Wilkins, D. A. (1976). Notional syllabuses: A taxonomy and its relevance to foreign language curriculum development. Oxford: Oxford University Press.